Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Smoking Time

Woo~ I figured the title already freaked all of you out. No worries, I am not a smoker yet. Well as you all may already know that I am currently busy on my finals and stuffs. I've been working in the lab for the past few days now and I finally realized why most of the animators I knew before smoke like there is no tomorrow.

So here's the thing about doing animation work - apparently a good animator only animates 2 seconds of video a day. Well not in my case but that too explain why my works are a bit choppy at times cause I do 10 seconds or more a day. That leads to why animator needs to smoke. It's like you've been working on this piece of 'art' for more than 3 hours and you ain't seeing anything more than 1 second on the screen. It is so frustrating and at the same time you felt like your time is running faster than it should be due to the fact you're animating 24 frames per second. Breaking that down will be like - you're drawing 24 pieces of pictures for a second of animation. Not that bad right? It is bad.

So for any normal human it is only right to take a break from working on what you're working on if you think its not gonna go anywhere further - as for animators, we (they) go for smoking. LOL. You know, chilling out. Well in my case, I'll just go to facebook and chat and whatever. It makes me feel slightly relief talking to people (if there are people online and bother to reply me) and refresh my mind a bit. Then I regain my energy to continue. I think that is how animators go for smoking before they discover Facebook. But too bad they are already hooked up to smoking. LOL

Haha.'Nuff with the breakdown of why animators smoke shit. I shall just continue my work and hopefully I will post it later tonight if I can finish something up today.

(UPDATE: Her name is Niña.)



1 comment:

SI said...

haha...luckily u dun get influenced by them...looking forward to ur hardwork^^