Sunday, May 29, 2011

2011 Summer Movie BlockBusters (thus far!)

I've been checking on my blog stats and realized my most viewed post is still my review for 2009 Summer Blockbusters. Therefore I had decided to do a new one for now. With the summer movies that I watched thus far, here are some of my thoughts on:

1. Scream 4


Brilliantly written screenplay and hell lot of funny punchlines. I had my jump-on-the-couch moments watching it too! If you don't find the movie funny that's probably because you ain't watching enough of horror/scary movies to get its humors. Note: this is not some cheap parody movies like Scary Movies. One takes great intelligence to watch and the other one doesn't. You be the judge.

2. Fast Five

My first thought was, REALLY? ANOTHER ONE? They all looked effing same to me! I guess the studio realized that too. Therefore, instead of putting too much thoughts on storyline and character developments, they just filled the movie with more actions and gravity defied stunts. The result? A no brainer action flicks that's good for everyone!! HAHA. Anyone else thought it was kinda gay when The Rock was fighting Vin Diesel? I DID! *AWKWARD!


3. Thor

One word: overrated! Natalie Portman was the only draw for me to watch this movie. I am not the biggest superhero flick on this planet, nor will I be. And this movie was just ok to me. Weak plot, too organized I guess. And worst part, Natalie Portman is so replaceable! I am still wondering how they fell in love with each other. Love at first sight?




4. Bridesmaids


HILARIOUS! It served just right as a comedy but I think it was draggy at times and slightly too long. Everyone was so funny nevertheless! There is a NSFW blooper floating around the internet which is equally funny! Check out at your own risk!

5. Priest

Motherfucking @#$%;*&;^%#@!!! An action flick with only 3 action sequences? REALLY? They didn't even try to redeem themselves with this one after the shit they pulled out with Legion. Shame on whoever that involved in both projects!


to be continued..

No comments: